On the same day, a new Memorial to the Fallen was unveiled on the grounds of MADE, along with a Pathway of Remembrance which recognised those who lost their lives as a result of the Eureka Stockade event. Eureka’s Children facilitated the invitations to the various families connected to this memorial.
Professor David Battersby, Chairman of MADE said that he appreciates Eureka’s Children assistance in organising these events as well as our ongoing consultative process with them.
Eureka’s Children are important to us.
At the Memorial are David Battersby, Eric Howard & Jane Smith, CEO – MADE
EUREKA DIGGER’S MARCH
Route of the Diggers’ March
Points of Interest and Stopping Points
Refer Site map
1. Bakery Hill - Start Point 1
2. St.Alipius Church - Stop Point 2
3. Hayes’ tent site - Stop Point 3
4. Carboni’s vantage point
5. Bentley's Eureka Hotel plaques - Stop Point 4
6. Site of Bentley’s Eureka Hotel
7. Eureka Lead – Stop Point 5
8. Eureka Stockade - Stop Point 6 (Adjacent to Contemplative Place – Cnr Eureka & Rodier Sts.)
9. Eureka Stockade Monument - Stop Point 7 ( near Cnr. Eureka and Stawell Sts.)
For more information on the Diggers March Trail.
Download the full guide that takes you along the trail.